Terms & FAQ
I personally handcraft all products within 1-5 weeks (read more details in the Made to Order vs. Pre-Made section below)
Oftentimes, orders process faster than that but I can’t guarantee a faster processing time.
Made to Order vs. Pre-Made
Check a listing carefully to understand if a product is pre-made and ready to ship or if the product is ordered before it’s handmade.
Both are handmade but the pre-made is shipment ready so it will be shipped in 1 to 3 labor days while the made-to-order products take 1-4 weeks to be created for you.
Current processing time is:
- 1-2 weeks for bare copper and silver plated jewelry
- 3-5 weeks for gold and rose gold plated jewelry
Look for the following image if a product is ready for shipment immediately:
The product you receive might vary slightly from the product picture due to the nature of your product being 100% handmade. Most of our jewelry feature raw, uncut gemstones which means no two gemstones will ever look exactly alike. We’ll randomly select one stone for you. If you’d like to be able to choose your stone, feel free to leave a note with your order or send an email to email@example.com after placing your order.
Your piece is covered by a 1-year warranty including manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
We will repair, or at our option, replace any defective Aura Muse jewelry with the same or a comparable model.
The warranty does not cover any damage caused by neglect, abuse or natural wear and tear.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rings cannot be resized because of the particular structure of electroformed metal.
To correct a wrong size, a new ring needs to be created from scratch.
Please, double check your size before ordering.
If you’re unsure what size you should order, you should be able to determine the right size by going to a local jeweller. Otherwise you can purchase a ring sizer, they are very inexpensive and they can be easily found online.
You can also try to use this website to determine your size.
Please note that I will create the ring in the exact size you’ve provided and I am not responsible for determining your ring size or accomodating returns or other requests based on innacurate ring sizing.
All sizes listed in the shop refer to US ring sizing.
I always love creating new products from scratch.
Please contact me for a quote.
Custom orders can have a lengthier processing time.
Ask me for details.
SHIPPING and IMPORT CHARGES
We currently ship all international orders with UPS or DHL. Domestic orders are mostly shipped with SDA.
Estimate delivery time is approximately 2-7 labor days worldwide.
Aura Muse is not responsible for duty or brokerage fees for international shipping.
These charges come from your country during importation of your package.
Please, note that most rings are handmade to order (unless otherwise stated) and therefore not returnable. Otherwise, depending on the nature of your order, I accept returns if communicated within 14 days from delivery.
Returns must take place in 28 days after delivery. I can’t guarantee that I will receive your returned item so you should consider using a registered shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance.
*Made to order/sized rings may NOT be returned unless the product is defective.
ADDITIONAL NON-RETURNABLE ITEMS:
* earrings for health/hygiene reasons
* customized orders
* items on sale
Once your return is received and inspected, I will send you an email to notify you that I have received your returned item.
Your refund will be immediately processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com
If you wish to exchange a product you’ll need to take charge of both shipping costs for return and substitution unless there is a defect in your product.
To return your product, you should mail it to:
Veronica Costanzo, via Verginese 23 bis – 44015 Portomaggiore (FE) Italy
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
Does copper tarnish through time?
Copper is a breathing metal and it tends to develop a darker brown patina over time. I always seal my jewelry with a layer of protective microcrystalline wax to slow down this oxidation process. This protection will eventually wear off but you can easily re-apply a sealant at home if needed, like a clear varnish or copper jewelry sealant. Copper tarnish can be polished endlessly with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar, with a copper polish compound or even with ketchup.
Will copper discolor my skin?
Copper can react according to the body chemistry producing a greenish hue that can be easily washed away with soap and water.
For some wearers this tends to stop happening after a week or two of use.
Anyway, this is not harmful at all. Copper is a completely safe metal to wear being it antifungal, antimicrobial and hypoallergenic in nature.
To prevent this from happening you can seal the inner size of your band with clear nail polish or with a professional jewelry sealant.
How do I take care of my jewelry?
•Always handle your jewelry with care and avoid dropping, crashing or rubbing them against hard surfaces.
•Remove your jewelry before spraying on perfume or other sprays and wait until your cream or lotion is completely dry before you wear your jewelry.
•Avoid bathing/swimming with your plated jewelry on and remove them before participating in activities that will cause you to sweat a lot.
•Store your jewelry in their original case after use to slow down oxidation and protect them from scratches.
Visit our jewelry care page for more informations.
Do you offer gift packs?
All of my jewelry pieces are delivered ready for gift giving.
You can also add a personalized message by adding a note to your order and I’ll happily include it in your gift.
How can I add the Express shipping to my order?
No need to, all orders are shipped through Express mail (UPS, DHL, SDA)
How can I prolong the life of my plated jewelry?
Our rings are plated at 10 micron thickness, with proper care they can last long. How long, however, will depend on many factors including body chemistry, lifestyle and the substances you come into contact with.
Please, understand that it’s impossible to predict how long the plating will last but following the care instructions above will help prolonging it.
If your jewelry need cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water and dry it with a very soft cloth.
Any substance that isn’t PH neutral can potentially affect your plated jewelry, like antibacterial soaps, jewelry cleaners, sweat and acidic foods.
How is your business ethical and sustainable?
All gemstones used for my jewelry come from legitimate, ethical sources.
The diamonds I use are more than conflict-free as they’re sourced from either South Africa and Canada which are renowed for their strict safety and environmental standards.
We strive to be eco-friendly and sustainable in every step of our creative process. That’s why our packaging is 100% eco-friendly and plastic-free. Our boxes are FSC certified while the fabric ribbon we use to wrap our jewelry gift box is made of recycled fabric.
In an effort to give back to the source and minimize our impact, we donate a portion of our profit to Gem Legacy, a non-profit that supports education, vocational training, and local economies in East African mining communities.
Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age
of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site.
indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases,
functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and
graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service
marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or
licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various
other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United
States, international copyright laws, and international conventions. The Content and the Marks are provided on the
Site “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms
of Use, no part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced,
aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded,
translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited
for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written
are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and
use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to
which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial
use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside; (5) you will not access the Site
through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or
otherwise; (6) you will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized
purpose; and (7) your use of the Site
will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
and we cannot guarantee that items will be in stock. We reserve the right to
discontinue any products at any time for any reason. Prices for all products
are subject to change.
any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or
right to refuse any order placed through the Site. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or
cancel quantities purchased per person, per household, or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed
by or under the same customer account, the same payment method, and/or orders
that use the same billing or shipping address. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole
judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers, or distributors.
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU
AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE
FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT
THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY
WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY
FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2)
PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF
OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL
INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION
TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH
MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY
ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF
ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR
OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE,
OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A
THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE
APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A
PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU
AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE
PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU
SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries,
affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and
employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including
reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or
certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the
performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups
of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that
relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site. You agree
that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such
data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such
loss or corruption of such data.
with us is not satisfactorily resolved, you can contact the Complaint
Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California
Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N
112, Sacramento, California 95834 or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916)